Portable Media Player library (PMPlib) is an open source project for the development of management software/library for various portable media players. The immediate objectives of this project:
- to understand the specifications of media database and playlists used in various portable media players
- to provide an alternative way to organize a player other than through bundled software or Windows Media Player
- to provide libraries for other applications to manage a player
- to make your player more accessible
Project founder, admin, and core developer.
He owns iriver H320, H10 UMS [5GB], H10Jr UMS [1GB], U10 UMS [512MB], and E10 [6GB].
- Martin Ellis
Project admin and core developer. Owns an iriver U10 [1GB].
PMPlib uses the following libraries:
- libogg, libvorbis, libvorbisfile licensed under BSD.
- libid3tag licensed under GPL.
- zlib licensed under zlib licence.
PMPlib consults the following information (and source codes):
- Easier Said Than Done (CRC-32 calculation) by Michael Barr.
If you find any problems or have any suggestions, don't hesitate to contact us.